The goal isn’t simply to gain a purchase from a customer, but to gain and KEEP their loyalty
My target audience is compromised of individuals with small businesses trading online. These businesses include independent fashion brands, sustainable brands, artists and crafts persons.
Key to understanding the motives of my customers will be studying their industries, competitors and other related products available to them, such as those also focused on building small business influence and success –
These alternative products (including but not limited to other copywriters) are my competition, and whichever one of us presents the best value proposition will win business from small business owners searching the market.
I will focus my initial efforts on researching and thoroughly understanding three of the main online industries, which I’ve already listed above: Small fashion brands, sustainable brands, and art and crafts work.
When I began to build my own business, much of my initial research gleamed much the same in way of motivations, limitations and aspirations for my target audience as for myself:
- To gain a wider online influence
- To stand out from my competitors
- To increase my market share
- To become a leader in my industry
But each industry has its own additional factors and nuances, and to cater properly to my target audiences, I must commit to discovering them all.
Much more research is therefore vital for any MASSIVE, and effective action to take place – my value proposition has to be both prolific and strongly relevant.
Every brand requires an authentic BRAND VOICE in order to be heard amongst the babel of their competitors –
And if your brand STANDS FOR SOMETHING which RESONANTES with your target audience such as:
- Good quality fashion produced by UK designers (for fashion lovers wanting to support local brands)
- Eco-friendly products sourced fairly from suppliers and which respect the Earth and all its inhabitants (for the ethically conscious)
- Locally produced artwork and crafts work (for supporters of artistic creators and lovers of unique, beautiful things)
Then proclaim your brand’s MISSION from the metaphorical rafters!
Business is EARNED through:
- FANTASTIC SALES SPACES (such as online shops featuring excellent user experience)
- SHARP, CUSTOMER-FOCUSED MARKETING (jam-packed full of value, benefits, and in a LANGUAGE your customers can respond to, across a variety of popular SOCIAL PLATFORMS)
- VALUE PROPOSITIONS which beat those of your competitors (give them what they want, and do it better than anyone else!)
There is (DIY free or paid) customer demographic and psychographic data to discover and assess (in order to further understand your customers means and motivations) by means of research through forums or surveys, and there are particulars such as BRAND TONE and CONTENT VIBE to scrutinise and improve.
Those on ALL BUDGETS must be creative and INNOVATIVE in dealing with the frequent challenges which occur with ever evolving INDUSTRY TRENDS and CUSTOMER TASTES –
And of course, the GOAL isn’t simply to gain a purchase from a customer, but to GAIN and KEEP THEIR LOYALTY and build your brand through ORGANIC MEANS such as WORD OF MOUTH.
It’s a lot to consider for start ups, including my own. And only massive, positive ACTION will see these challenges CONQUERED –
Action and patience.
Pressure and time. That and a big goddam poster.Red